Archive

Archive for August, 2011

Drizzle support for phpMyAdmin – week 13

August 22nd, 2011 No comments

My project was mostly complete by the time I posted my previous report, so during last week I concentrated on fixing bugs.

Things done this week:

  • I fixed the tracker functionality to work correctly with Drizzle. The only problem was that Drizzle has no SET type, so I had to emulate it with binary flags and an INT column. After making these changes to the PMA_Tracker class everything started working,
  • Advisor available on server’s Status tab works correctly with Drizzle, I had to add a few exceptions so that rules dependent on variables unavailable in Drizzle don’t fire,
  • bug fixes and some JavaScript optimizations.

 

Categories: phpMyAdmin, Summer of Code 2011 Tags:

Drizzle support for phpMyAdmin – week 11

August 6th, 2011 No comments

During this week I worked on Database Synchronize feature. At first, I tested it with my MySQL server and found out that it suffered a lot from latest theme changes because it was using some Status page CSS classes. After fixing it and refactoring source and target table lists to actually be in one table, not in two placed next to each other, I followed to make necessary changes for it to work with Drizzle. Fortunately for me, it worked right away so I just disallowed connections with servers that use different protocol than the loaded database interface can, and added a few variables that can differentiate between regular MySQL and Drizzle in case any problems arise in the future.

This week I am going to a week-long vacation, and when I return I will have a week left to find and fix remaining bugs and maybe look whether Drizzle replication can be somehow supported.

Categories: phpMyAdmin, Summer of Code 2011 Tags: