Home > phpMyAdmin, Summer of Code 2011 > Drizzle support for phpMyAdmin – week 3

Drizzle support for phpMyAdmin – week 3

It’s time to use the time reserve I prepared when making my schedule – this week’s task will be finished by the end of next week. I got informed that if I hurry up I have a chance of finishing my master’s thesis and taking an exam a bit earlier than I anticipated, so I had to spend a lot of time on preparing for that and will have to spend a bit more in the following week.

I’ve done very little work on phpMyAdmin, but fortunately it doesn’t mean that nothing has changed:

  • I tracked down and fixed a bug that made some actions requiring a valid access_token to fail for me randomly – ‘server’ parameter for AJAX request that loads recent tables list was missing and making auth to fail and regenerate access_token.
  • PBMS detection on Drizzle works correctly.
  • MySQL-specific routine and event lists are no longer loaded when working with Drizzle.
  • PMA_DBI_get_tables_full would fail when reading data on tables in I_S and D_D due to letter case issues – it’s fixed.
  • Added an error on import for situations when no charset conversion library is available because in Drizzle we cannot fall back to “SET NAMES”

On a related note, two bugs in Drizzle that I reported are now fixed. Fortunately they could be circumvented and didn’t affect my work:

Some time ago I made a mistake of allowing phpMyAdmin to change connection collation for Drizzle – after re-checking I realized that this feature got removed due to some concurrency issues. It appears that now it can reimplemented so I filed an appropriate bug in their tracker – Add collation_server variable.

Categories: phpMyAdmin, Summer of Code 2011 Tags:
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.